Currently there is a job opening for a Procurement Specialist at CT PTAP. If your qualifications match what is described below please send us your resume. See contact information below.
Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region, Inc. (seCTer)
CONNECTICUT PROCUREMENT TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Advises seCTer’s PTAP clients on governmental procurement at a federal, state, and local level as called out in the Solicitation for Cooperative Agreement (SCAA) with Defense Logics Agency (DLA). The Procurement Specialist will deliver quality, cost effective and expeditious counseling to PTAP clients for obtaining government contracts. This will include general counseling on business development, which involves knowledge of how to create professional relationships with government program managers and contracting officers, as well as with prime contractors. A working knowledge of best business practices specifically for performing on government contracts is required, which shall include a pragmatic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), as well as of State and local procurement regulations.
Works under the direction of the Director of Procurement Technical Assistance Program.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES
· Lead workshops on specific topics of interest in government procurement.
· Review potential client responses to solicitations, to include price comparison, conformity to Statement of Work, delivery terms, payment terms and other terms and conditions of the procurement.
· Provide guidance to the client in terms of setting up contracts for suppliers and subcontractors on a potential project.
· Be familiar with a variety of registrations and certifications that are to be needed, such as System for Award Management (SAM), small business standards, minority set-asides, HUBZone certifications, woman owned small business certifications, service disabled veteran certifications, etc.
· Review, proofread, and verify forms and financial documents for accuracy in calculation, coding and adherence to policies and procedures.
· Identify problems, analyze alternatives and develop viable recommendations.
· Read, comprehend and interpret written materials of moderate to complex difficulty.
· Compose written materials of moderate to complex difficulty on procurement related issues.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignment.
· Perform detailed contractual and financial work with a high degree of accuracy.
· Perform such other duties as may be required by the PATP Director.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
· BA/BS in business or materials management or related discipline or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of two (2) years of progressive procurement experience in a government acquisition environment.
· Knowledge of and documented experience with procurement principles and processes.
· Knowledge of and documented experience with business development processes.
· Proficiency in the use of software applications (word, excel, power point, outlook, database and Internet).
· Must plan, organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to perform job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
· Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must travel to client counseling sites as needed.
· Must complete all Professional Development training as prescribed by the Program Director.
· The Procurement Specialist shall adhere to a code of generally accepted standards of professional conduct.
· The Procurement Specialist is to conduct his/her professional activities in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and integrity and to avoid any real or perceived conflicts of interest.
· He/she shall be familiar with the government procurement process, to provide clients with the needed steps in the process.
· He/she shall be familiar with issues associated with the successful performance of government contracts.
· Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
TO FORWARD YOUR RESUME:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Lisa Wood, Statewide Director
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or CT PTAP may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.